Job Title: Part Time Men’s Coach
Location: Broxbourne Rowing Club
Responsible to: Club Captain supported by the Management and Rowing Committees
Annual Salary: £5000 (5hr/pw)
Job Type: Self-employed contract
Base: Broxbourne Rowing Club
Start: September 2020
Broxbourne Rowing Club (BRC) is an inclusive, community orientated and ambitious club. We are looking to recruit a motivated individual for the role of Men’s Coach, with the overall aim of improving rowing throughout the wider Men’s Squads (Senior/Inter Men, Masters Men). The successful applicant will be responsible for leading the coaching of the Men’s Squad.
They will work with the Clubs’ committees to help build, develop and nurture the Men’s Squads. As a result, they will develop a plan that drives agreed outcomes, developing our existing Men’s Squads to improve on the water results, whilst helping to mentor and upskill our volunteer coaches.
Broxbourne Rowing Club is an equal opportunities club and as such we actively celebrate diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
The Men’s Coach will be responsible for:
- Coaching water based sessions
- Develop and deliver a water training program, tailored to support athlete development and progression
- Review, develop and publish an annual training and racing plan in agreement with the Rowing Committee
- Support VCs and squad coaches to develop annual goals and focused events
- Work with the other Coaches, the Captain and the team of volunteer coaches to build a cross-club approach and enable every coach to excel in their role.
- Help develop and implement a common language and agreed ‘club’ style for the Men’s Squad
- Determine a clear pathway of progression from squad to squad with support of the Development Coach.
- Help grow and maintain membership numbers across the Men’s Squad
- Help to nurture an enjoyable and competitive nature across the club.
- Excellent Verbal Communication Skills
- Previous coaching experience and/or competed at a national / international level
- Available Saturday mornings and some evenings
- The successful candidate will be required to have a DBS check to allow older Juniors to join the Men’s Squad.
- Have recognised Coaching Qualifications (BR Level 2 or above)
- Rigging Experience
Please provide a mini CV of your rowing, coaching and other wider relevant experience.
Please send to email@example.com or Broxbourne Rowing Club, Old Nazeing Road, Broxbourne EN10 6QU
Applicants will be shortlisted, and invited for interview and further evaluation